Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Craftsmanship class 2

Question for group: what did you like about the kata?
Random drawing on Kata implementation
Random drawing on maiden speech
Question for the group: how did the reading about estimation of our competance relate to this course?


Responses include
The kata was simple enough to let us explore our tools. Never did TDD in C++ before so it gave me time to try that out. I also liked it because it was complex enough to allow us to try complex ideas like recursion.
The Kata had the right level of difficulty. It was a good programming (algorithms) exercise and a good TDD exercise
Helped to start working towards the goal "refresh 'java programming skills' "
It helped me learn a new testing framework and helped get me back into programming mode after taking a few months break.
Learning TDD in java
Program was simple so I could concentrate on the practice
Got me introduced to the testing framework
Once setup was completed, it showed my that TDD is language/platform agnostic, which should be obvious but was surprising
Learning how to do it in java using eclipse, it was easy
first time doing TDD in Java
learned how to use git with eclipse

No comments:

Post a Comment